The Bridge Scholars Program is an invitation for application opportunity for enrolling students to attend a summer program designed to provide a rigorous academic instruction in either calculus or physics introduction. The 6 week total summer program encompasses a two week residential program for participants to develop early academic and social success skills through academic mentoring, career development, access to academic support resources, and enrichment seminars that focus on excelling in the uniquely demanding Rensselaer environment. The two week residential program is followed by a rigorous four week continuation of students’ academic study in either calculus or physics. The summer culminates in students moving back on to campus early to start their semester off by participating in the Navigating Rensselaer and Beyond Overnight Experiences and Day trips.
The Bridge Scholars Program will consist of:
- Six-week academic readiness course in either calculus or physics.
- Two weeks residential program
- Four weeks online
- Student Orientation
- Navigating Rensselaer and Beyond Overnight and Day programs
- First semester targeted academic support and mentoring
- Research opportunity with Rensselaer faculty at the conclusion of the second semester sophomore year for those who have met a determined cumulative grade point average.
The Bridge 2018 Dates
- Applications are due Monday, May 7
- Phone interviews take place May 14
- Decision notifications will begin on May 30, 2018. If accepted, you should plan to arrive at Rensselaer on Sunday, July 15, between 11:00pm and 4:00pm.
- The two week residential component begins Sunday, July 15 and concludes on Saturday, July 28.
- Students will return and move onto campus early on August 20 to participate in Student Orientation IV and the Navigating Rensselaer and Beyond Overnight Experiences.
Eligibility and Selection
This program is by invitation only. To be eligible you must have paid your deposit confirming your enrollment at Rensselaer for the fall 2018 semester. International students and students enrolling at other institutions are not eligible to participate in this program. Selection is based on a review of your academic credentials and the completion of the application located at the link below.
If you are interested in participating in the 2018 Bridge Scholars Program, please contact: Sabra-Joi Dingman by telephone at 518-276-8022 or email@example.com at your convenience.