The Bridge Scholars Program is an invitation for application opportunity for enrolling students to attend a summer program designed to provide a rigorous academic instruction in either calculus or physics introduction. The 6 week total summer program encompasses a two week residential program for participants to develop early academic and social success skills through academic mentoring, career development, access to academic support resources, and enrichment seminars that focus on excelling in the uniquely demanding Rensselaer environment. The two week residential program is followed by a rigorous four week continuation of students’ academic study in either calculus or physics. The summer culminates in students moving back on to campus early to start their semester off by participating in the Navigating Rensselaer and Beyond Overnight Experiences and Day trips.
The Bridge Scholars Program will consist of:
- Six-week academic readiness course in either calculus or physics.
- Two weeks residential program
- Four weeks online
- Student Orientation
- Navigating Rensselaer and Beyond Overnight and Day programs
- First semester targeted academic support and mentoring
- Research opportunity with Rensselaer faculty at the conclusion of the second semester sophomore year for those who have met a determined cumulative grade point average.
The Bridge 2019 Dates
- Check back for updated dates in the Spring of 2019
Eligibility and Selection
This program is by invitation only. To be eligible you must have paid your deposit confirming your enrollment at Rensselaer for the fall 2019 semester. International students and students enrolling at other institutions are not eligible to participate in this program. Selection is based on a review of your academic credentials and the completion of the application located at the link below.
If you are interested in participating in the 2019 Bridge Scholars Program, please contact: Sherry Gunn by telephone at 518-276-8022 or firstname.lastname@example.org at your convenience.